Social Justice and Culture Department contains the following branches: -
- Education Branch,
- Food and Civil Supplies Branch,
- Sports cell,
- Pensions and other social security schemes,
- Chief Minister’s pilgrimage plan.
The main functions and duties
Governmental schemes meant for poor are being implemented through Operated Schemes:-
- National Urban Livelihood Mission (N.U.L.M) Plan: - This scheme is run by the Central Government through the State Government. Under this Scheme, following components are been operated for the economic and social development of the families living below the poverty line in the municipal areas.
- Social Mobilization and Institutional Development : - The township-level self-help groups of women 10-15 are made by forming linkages with banks.
- Employment Through Skill Upgradation and Placement : - Within the scheme employment is provided to the urban poor on the basis of training and certification set by the government for approximately 19 businesses according to market demand. Expenditure per person on training can be made upto maximum Rs.14000/- on training and Rs.1000/- for certification respectively.
- Self-employment Program : - Under the Self-Employment program loan amount upto Rs.2 Lakh for individual enterprises and upto Rs.10 Lakh is given for upliftment of Self-Help Group Enterprises are being provided through banks. The prevailing interest rate on the loan amount to the bank instead of only 7 per cent interest scheme beneficiaries and the rest is provided by the self-help group in position 3 percent of the loan and additional interest subsidy is provided.
- Capacity Enhancement and Training Program : - A mission management unit must be set at the body level and a expert body of 2-4 experts will be constituted at the same level.
- Help To Street Vendors : - Under this component, Street vendors are identified, they are provided with social security, skill upgradation training and Shelter Scheme for Urban Poor : - under this component a community shelter for poor and homeless people will be provided with a place to live along with basic amities.
- Subsidy Scheme - Rs 500/- per month. Applicants must be with multiple-disabilities / mentally retarded. He must have Certificate of Disability and over 6 years of age.
- Chief Minister’s Girl Child Guardian Pension Scheme - Rs 500/- per month. This will be provided to either of the parent above age 60 years and who are having only girl childs with the conditions that all the daughters are married and the parent is not a income tax payer and he or she must be the basic resident of M.P.
- National Family Help Rs 10,000/- once. This will be provided in case death of such an earning member who was having major source of earning in the
- family. The deceased must have attained 18 years of age or older and less than 65 years on the date of death. The plan implemented on 01/04/2013 has been amended to Rs.20000/- once. This will be provided in case death of such an earning member who was having major source of earning in the family. The deceased must have attained 18 years of age or older and less than 59 years on the date of death.
- Note-above all plans are obtained on application to the ward office and the right to approve the level of zonal officer. District Panchayat through District Treasury bills after approval from the server to the beneficiaries of the amount is paid directly to their bank accounts.
- Jan Shri (Beema Yojana ) insurance plan (18 to 59 years of age) for families living below the poverty line and who are registered under LIC . In case of the normal death of the head of the family who was insured will get Rs.30000/-, Rs 37,500 on partial permanent disability and Rs 75,000 for accidental death or permanent total disability status. Cases are being forwarded to the LIC via community organization.
- Mukhya Mantri Hath Thela Chalak Kalyan Yojana(Chief Minister push trolley driver Welfare Scheme), Chief Minister’s Welfare Scheme For Street Vendors (Mukhya Mantri Path Chalak Kalyan Yojana), Chief Minister’s Keshshilpi welfare plan - Under this scheme beneficiaries registered through banks to set employment are provided with cash grants and social security benefits are supplied with the following :-
- Maternity Assistance - In the above schemes the women in the registered family gets a maximum of two maternity aid deliveries at collector rate equivalent to six months on the amount of wages and the wages equivalent to 15 days of wages amount is given to the husband. Case is received at the ward office level and approved at the level of zonal officer and sent to the planning cell for payment.
- Jan Shri (Beema Yojana) insurance plan - (18 to 59 years of age) Families living below the poverty line and who are registered under LIC . In case of the normal death of the head of the family who was insured will get Rs.30000/-, Rs 37,500 on partial permanent disability and Rs 75,000 for accidental death or permanent total disability status. Cases are being forwarded to the LIC via community organization.
- Education Support Allowance (Shiksha Sahyog Bhatta) - Children of families registered in the above plans are provided with an allowance of Rs. 100/- Per Month through the LIC. Applications are being forwarded to the LIC via community organization.
- Burials Help sum (Antyeshti Sahayta) of Rs 2000 /-. The above plans in the event of death of a member of the registered families 0 Rs 2000 / - to the provision of ex-gratia Antyeshti provided for. Case is received at the ward office level and approved at the level of zonal officer and sent bill is sent to the Treasury for payment.
- Building and other Construction Workers Welfare Board of the M.P. (M.P. Bhavan Avam Anya Sannirmand KarmKar Kalyan Mandal) - The task assigned by the Labor Department and is being operated by the municipality.