Following are the branches under the General Administration Department :
- General Administration Department
- Legal Department
- Installation Branch
- Pensions Branch
- Audit cell
- The central treasury and printing press
- Public Grievances Redressal Cell
- Computer Section
- Records Section
- Right To Information Section
- Security Section
- Council Section
- Mayor Section
Main Functions and Responsibilities :
General Administration Department Performs Following Functions :
- Important and strategic communication from the government.
- Answering the questions of lok sabha and Rajya sabha.
- The promotion of employees and appointed officials.
- Taking disciplinary proceedings against employees and officials.
- Appointments of employees and officials.
- Keeping records of Confidential Character reports of employees and officials.
- Works related with the grants given to various social institutional works.
- Variety advance and loan approval tasks of the Employees.
- Paying of the telephone bills of the corporation.
- Nominate officers and employees for training and workshops organized by various institutions.
- Routine dispatch work handled in the corporation.